Jul 7, 2013

The Voice - Uwahig(Original Filipino Song)


The Voice Philippines - Blind AuditionsJuvie Pelos - Uwahig (Original Filipino Song) 


I cannot get over how beautiful this is. 

I felt like I'm in another dimension where fairies dwell. 

It reminds me of my grandmother and her friend lola Trining and their great, great grandmothers. 

It reminds me of a time where my lola used to bring us kids to the place where she grew up: in the mountains; deep, deep in the forest, where we have to say "bila-bila" once in a while so snakes won’t bite us-our magic word. At a time where we have to walk silently and say excuse me to unseen beings (fairies/enkantos) as a sign of respect for them. 
As a child we were scared of stories of fairies distorting people's faces because of people passing by their place without due regard for proper behavior. 

It reminds me of the time where me and my childhood friends went hiking up and we got lost, so lost, a dog found us and we followed him all the way down and emerged at a nearby Nipa Hut. As we were going down we traced a river with no water that has big flat stones as its bed and trees so big and old. It felt like it existed when the earth was so young. And you know it's just so holy and you have to keep quiet so as not to disturb the peace because other beings are there and you just know in your heart that they are there. 

It reminds me of my ancestors and the stories they tell. 

This song does it for me. As Apple de ap would say, it took me way, way back home; it took me to my roots.

 
Images by Freepik