Feb 27, 2012

The Art of Asking Questions

There is beauty/art in asking questions.

Yes even bad questions.

I would like to share this because maybe you will learn too. When I was just a kid, I don’t ask questions much. Maybe because I’m like a sponge, I take everything good and bad and the very bad – personally. Maybe that’s why I grew up shy and aloof. I’m pretty scared of people most of the time.

 It is only now that I've started asking questions. Kind of shake my belief system. I know I’m not yet shaking it as hard as I would like to, because maybe if I’d do, the belief house would fall. And I wouldn't know what I’d be if that would happen. But in fairness I think that wouldn't be so scary. Confronting myself and my beliefs would be liberating I think. (That’s a comforting thought- that I actually think it would be liberating.)

I’ve got a lot of questions about confidence and why I react or behave the way I do to certain situations or people. It’s fun.

 The art of asking questions is fun.

Most especially if you know how to ask the right ones.

Here’s one page of my many questions (I use my notebook every time I come up with questions, that means I write it down) This is really hard to show but I’m sharing it because maybe, just maybe, there are people out there who is just like me, and reading this would liberate her/him the way it did me from my insular mindset. lol.


What is my limiting belief?

That I am inferior to people who are successful(people who have much confidence – they believe in their work and they know what they do)

Why do I feel inferior to people who are successful? To people who exude much confidence they seem to fly.

I feel inferior and little because I believe I can’t contribute a thing.

Because I want to please people, to show off, by being humble.

Inferiority cloaked in humility, nay, timidity to the point of acting dumb. Because I thought if people think poorly of me, when I fail they would not blame me much, because what would you expect from timid people? I make excuses already for my future imagined mistakes! When in fact it is unlikely to happen! My brilliant defense mechanism!

What should I do to correct this wrong belief? This horrible fear of the future mistakes I will make?

Be brave, be you. What if instead of owning your imagined future mistakes, you try owning and living your potential.

Start living to your potential, your true potential. And imagine that.


 Wow.


I ask those questions, not to myself but to God. And hearing those answers is like freedom.

Here is the most important thing I learned: It is good to ask yourself questions but it is even better to ask God those questions, It is good to talk to yourself but even better to talk to God. In him is Wisdom.


"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6


You Can Ask Anything. Absolutely Anything!

 xxx


Things I’m grateful for today


1.  I'm grateful for my dad. He is getting old. And I need to be more patient with him; not the other way around. Don’t be so pabadlong. Remember that.

2.    I'm grateful for Cherry (tbg) music, one of the most inspiring people who top my list right now.





3.   I am grateful for you Abba dear, for not giving up, for all of us. Thank you.


 
Images by Freepik