Mar 15, 2013

Panaad 2012 in pictures, Part 3

This is the fun part!

First, let me share some lessons learned.

1. The body is a servant to the mind. Halfway through our journey, my feet' s aching bad. It was so painful I cannot even stand, taking another step is a sacrifice. The pain was just throbbing. Like my feet were swelling. I was walking so slow- I'm dragging the whole group, and I was feeling resentful. I was thinking I will not be able to finish the race if I continue to feel the pain like this. So I did the craziest thing. I run. Yes, I run so I would not be able to feel the pain. I run so fast till I could not breath and then I rest and I run again. I run affirming that the joy of the Lord is my strength. My friend Dian, who is a runner herself run with me. We run and rest again, run and rest, run and rest. We covered 7 kilometers doing this.

2. My group did not suggest any thoughts of quitting. I was the weakest link. I can tell. But my group did not suggest any thoughts of quitting. They did not make me feel like I'm weak. They leave me with only one choice. Discover how not to quit. I was calling rest after every mile. "Hey, guys lets rest first!". And they rested with me. We end up finishing the race with no one left behind.

3. There is no small act of kindness. We met a lot of kind people along the way. An umbrella, a glass of water, a little food, a place to rest. Priceless. Kind people are God's angels. Kindness is what makes the heart strong.

4. God is faithful. It's funny how God just keeps on proving time and time again how faithful his love for us is. And we keep right on forgetting. And God is still faithful. We are forgetful so he reminds us. He can't help himself. How lucky!

So this is the fun part because someone offered to treat us so we can all go to White Island. We are crazily lucky. Crazily loved. God is generous, handsomely so.  :)


Group picture :)
Haha! Someone's looking like a scarecrow!

On our way to White Island.

We looked toasted. Handsome. Brown. Kisses. From the sun :)

White Island.



Yeah boys!

oieeee.
We love taking pictures of ourselves!
Wacky daw oh!
Paradise.
See that?
 On our back is a pregnant sleeping woman :)



:)

We met a sweet little girl and her father offered to buy us sea urchins. *nom*nom






HAPPINESS!  (:

Leaving you with some random pics...

I dont know who this one is. Saint James perhaps?

Small Chapel

Old houses(Spanish Design)
We met a friend who works at nestle and he gave us a box of cornetto ice cream. Did I say we are so lucky?

Little Loncio :)



 
Images by Freepik