May 1, 2014

Liebster Award - Q and A

Adriana of Classical Quest gave me a Liebster Award. Yay! It's the second time my blog has received  that award. I'm soooo good. *wink*

Thank you, Adriana!

Since it's my second time, according to the rule of law i am allowed to skip any other rules and just answer the questions. Here we go.


1. Why did you start your blog? (If your purpose has changed since you started blogging, share how and why.)

The reason why i started my blog was so that i can write things I’m grateful for every day.

I was working at that time and all my workmates have a blog. I was curious to get to know them more; what they are passionate about. So it was sort of i started mine so i can follow them. Also at that time, i was so forgetful, like i had this short term memory where i would forget to log out in our bio-metrics after work like all the time. I remember one afternoon after work, i was already sitting pretty at home when my manager called me to get back to the office because i forgot to log out.(ARE YOU KIDDING ME!) I was looking all over the internet for a cure. And then i read a quote that says, 'Gratitude is the heart of the memory'. That's when i decided to write a blog  about all the things I’m grateful for to help improve my memory. And then from there my writings evolved into 'what I’m going through', 'things I’m trying to figure out' and 'lessons I learned'. I keep thinking i should really have a niche(something to focus on) but still up to this day I have no theme whatsoever, i write  when there is something i need to let out(poems), or if there's a thought or idea that i find beautiful or fascinating that i want to share.

2. Which post did you most enjoy writing? Or, what post is your favorite? (Please provide the link)

I have a lot of favorites!
3. Which post was the most difficult to write and why? (Link, if you wish.)

A poem i wrote when my auntie died.("wrote it in great anguish, with a troubled heart and many tears.") She had breast cancer. It was the first time i experienced and saw death with my own eyes. I went through a lot of questions and confusion and yet at the same time felt a deep sense of peace when she died. I have read this poem many times, and many times i feel heavy; the scenes replaying in my mind. Now, that feeling somehow transformed into light pain( if there is such a thing, maybe what i want to say is that i have forgiven myself).

4. Share a favorite quote from a book or author.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view-until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."

"It is not time to worry yet" ....I'll tell you when.

 - Atticus of To Kill a Mocking Bird(you know how you read a book and it feels like you are never the same after?)

5. Name a character from classic literature that you would love to be neighbors with.

I would love to be neighbors with grandma and grandpa of The Education of Little Tree. I can listen to them tell stories all day! 


6. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what five books would you need?

Any How to Survive Books On a Deserted Island (?)
The Bible - I need God. (For the first few days i can pretend that this is just like Jesus in the desert)
A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle - To stay sane (i will probably worry a lot). To remind myself that I have a mind but i am not my mind -that kind of thing.
1001 Solved Problems in Engineering Mathematics - not to punish myself but so i can finally sit down and think and appreciate the beaut of Mathematical formulas and equations. Math problems have solutions. I will need a scientific calculator with this. I am not that good at Math I can cry. This will serve as a challenge/distraction for me, and it could either make or break me. My head would hurt so bad i may come out as a math savant(secret desire). I’m letting my imagination run wild, sorry!
Dialogues of Plato - maybe now i can think more deeply.

7. What are you currently reading?

 A lot and I am never finished.  Mostly i look at

The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy (savoring)
The Element of Lavishness: Letters of Sylvia Townsend Warner and William Maxwell(savoring it as well)
A Midsummer Night's Dream (it took me a while to get acquainted with the characters. dazed)
Reading Lolita in Tehran By Azar Nafisi -There are 31 classics you have to read(who has time?) to get a deeper insight of what she's talking about. I am torn between 'should i read them first' or 'should i go ahead and read this one'?)

8. Where is your favorite reading place?
My room (in my bed),
our sala on my favorite chair.

9. Can you name a book that you thought you would dislike, but ended up liking?

None. But there are books i dislike and have not gotten pass my dislike. The Catcher In The Rye and The Picture of Dorian Gray are such books. The first because it is so negative and the second because Dorian Gray is vain, vain, vain.

10. What do you do when you're not reading?

I listen to Podcast a lot. Study a little. Sleep a lot. And meditate (don’t be fooled i mostly end up sleeping when i plan to do this).

 11. You are on vacation in a foreign country. What do you make sure to fit into your itinerary?

I don’t know. But something that would make me hear the sound of their language. When there are foreigners here in our country i eavesdrop just to hear what the sound of their language is like. It fascinates me. Also i would like to see the architecture of their houses and how they live. (Japan is my dream place to see. I know for sure i will visit their temples.)
image


Thanks again Adriana!  :)




 
Images by Freepik