Jun 7, 2013

That Joy on Your Face My Dear Sister


 Tinago Falls...


We were on a bamboo raft along with many of our SFC family 
and some men were pulling a roof that leads straight to the waterfall. 


I remembered being so excited. 
We took time to post for pictures for our brother (our faithful photographer)

who was on the other side of the water. 

 When we reached the gushing fall 
I can hear shouting.
 Loud shouting washed out by loud falling waters. 
Everyone on the raft was ecstatic. 
I can only see teeth and yellow and orange life vests. 

That's how strong the water was.



 I looked for you and I panic for a moment for I did not see you.
I searched for you and found you at the edge of the raft.
You were at the center of the water fall- 
the heart of it all - letting it wash all of you.
you were shouting and jumping while holding the rope,
the poor thing supporting you. 
I thought it might break. 
You were so brave enjoying it all. 
You've been through a lot yet here you are, whole.
For a moment I felt a tinge of jealousy wishing I could be as happy as you.
 But you held my hand and jump as if saying, don’t think!  Feel! 
I jumped with you and we were shouting so hard it hurts. 
The water was so cold and incredibly tiny droplets of water were on our faces,
  our shoulders, our hands and even our finger nails!

 I wish we had water proof camera to capture us.


 
Images by Freepik