Jun 5, 2013

How to Be Compassionate

You were talking angry I was watching you closely
Your lips shivered with angst and your eyes were intense
as if seeing an approaching enemy.

I could tell by your hand gestures that you are ready to wrestle
And if somebody come nearer those hands could break a neck.

You were so angry your body is moving with it.
But I held my own and looked at you.
I heard your story and tried never to judge
It was about a thief and a face on a stone and a fortune teller.
It was ridiculous.
I tried again not to judge.

I never want to add to your anger
nor laugh at you.
So I sat quiet and listen.
I don't know what to say.
I was careful not to say anything that might fuel your anger all the more.
I never said a word.

That was hard for me to do but I hope it emptied your heart out.
 
Images by Freepik