Dec 10, 2012

Redeeming Quality


Today i saw our newly installed door
I thought, "Wow! Thank you Lord."
I said thank you. It hit me- I was grateful.
It occurred to me that we have been so blessed,
And I was grateful; and for this I am happy.
I am happy that I caught myself being grateful.

You see for most days
 I always find myself thinking shameful thoughts.
So shameful you would not know me.
I am naturally inclined to suspect people.
Naturally inclined to doubt
My first thoughts to things being said are
Always for most malicious
I suspect people.
I suspect them doing shameful things
I suspect them having bad intentions.
I am ashamed of these suspicions.
I am ashamed that these things cross my mind.
But they do.
But today,
Oh today.

I caught myself being grateful.

And I am enough 


 
Images by Freepik