Feb 23, 2013

Thank You for the Beautiful Afternoon, for the Cup of Coffee, for the Stars

February 23, 2013

Thank you Lord for giving me concerned classmates. Thank you for the text messages. I would have never gone to school today because I went back to my destructive self. You know how it is. And you know me so well. I thank you for saving me from myself today.

I thank you for the food you have sent us when we were empty. “Lechon Baboy pajud.” I thank you for the joy of watching Henelia eating the food you sent us. I know he was so hungry and you fed him. It is a joy to share what you have given us. Manna shared, manna eaten.

Thank you for loving me amidst my many imperfections. I am fully aware of my filthiness, of my many sins-most deliberately done, some with no remorse, yet one call of help from you, and you are there. Thank you for restoring my joy. Thank you for today. Your love endures forever.


February 24, 2013


Thank you for the beautiful afternoon, for the cup of coffee, for the stars.



Thank you for the laughter shared between me, my mom, and my brother, for the silly things we find funny.

Thank you because even though I’ve been hurt today twice both by my parents, you have silenced my mouth from talking back. You have kept me still. My heart bleeds. I do not know what to do but my eyes is on you.

Thank you for I felt your tender heart and I cried in repentance. How tender is your merciful heart.

Thank you for I went to mass and I heard the priest. He was telling story of a wife and her drunken husband. That instead of the wife starting an argument, why not bring him a t-shirt in front of his drunken friends and tell him to change his shirt because he is sweating, and that you don't want him getting sick. (Aw, Father.) He concluded it by saying, Drinking isn’t easy. You sweat.

Thank you for the long walk with you from Nazareno to Agora. I still havenot figured out anything yet. Yet I'm trying to be okay with it.

Thank you for the beautiful afternoon, for the cup of coffee, for the stars.

Thank you for my mom and dad. I am too proud we always clash but I know they are tender hearted too, like you. All is grace. Everything is because you love. At all times let me murmur to you my thanksgiving.


February 25, 2013

Thank you for a work successfully done.

Thank you for the business of the street.

Thank you for the super hot weather. It has been raining. And I am not complaining :) Just so you know.

Thank you for the shift of perspective because my default has always been materialistic. I am in the process of embracing my whole self. To think GIVE instead of GET, GET, GET!

Thank you for the videoke. I am as always out of tune. I don't know how to sing but lately I've been hitting those right notes.

Thank you for you are my provider -Jehovah Jireh.

Thank you for the music of David Nueve. I found it at last. It makes me happy!



 
Images by Freepik