Jul 9, 2013

My Heart's Thanksgiving

Light of the world. My rooftop view.



Thank you for the morning dew on a mango leaf. It looks like mercury from a broken thermometer.

Thank you for the great peace the mountains have, unmoved and never undone- just like you.

Thank you for the little birds. I wonder where they go when it rains.

Thank you for the trees. Have they ever been this green?

Thank you for the sunrise, for a new day, another chance. Your hope for us is endless.

Thank you for my dad and for his soft, soft heart. He is getting old.

Thank you for my mom; truly i love how mischievous she is. There is no telling what she's up to next.

Thank you for times like this - for quiet mornings on the rooftop with you.

I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Thank you for my siblings. Each one brings endless lessons yet to be learned. They know exactly where to push my buttons.

Thank you for the cold morning breeze on my face. It soothes my soul.

Thank you for mothers who prepare breakfast .White smokes above little houses- aroma of love rising up to the sky.

Thank you for little birds on sky cables and TV antennas.

Thank you for this peace. Let me have this kind of peace when I die, but not yet.

The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens;
by his knowledge the depths were broken up, and clouds drop down dew.


I am not worthy of you, but you stoop down so low I can hold you in the palm of my hands just like how you are holding me. 

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
 
Images by Freepik