Jul 3, 2012

On humility

There is a kind of humility that melts your heart and a certain kind that makes you uneasy. The uneasy part is where people keep on stressing the things lacking in their lives. Things that i don't have, things that i should have or things my home should have but don't have. My heart bleeds for this kind of humility. Relax, people are not going to judge you. (And if they do, and they often do; especially if they are not your friends- Just remind yourself that this is your life and what they think don't matter) I just want you to appreciate what you have. There are no pretense here. We are your friends. And i would love to see you smile and content with what you have- with who you are. Because you are and you are happy. I can see. But then you started apologizing for things lacking. And my heart went "Oh, no no." You were so happy. When did someone's presence make you so small? You are your home and you started feeling uncomfortable with your own skin. And i can see it. And I cringe at the thought of you feeling small, talking small. Didn't you know that i was envious of the things you have? Not the material things but that joy i see when you talk of the things you would do for the day, that joy you have when you talked about how the food would taste so good after your done with your cooking. That joy you have when you talked and kissed your love ones with a little twinkle in your eyes and laughter on the edges of your voice. Your love is out pouring. I envy you. Yes i do. So please stop apologizing for what you don't have. You make me so unhappy with it. Truly, you don't have to have anything or be or do anything to impress me. Just to see you content with life is enough. And i say, I don't know of anyone else who looks so content with life more than you do. So stop acting small and let me be inspired by you. For inspiration is hard to find and they are not found on people lacking confidence,  and my requirement is set so high that only those who possess contentment shall pass.
 
Images by Freepik