Mar 23, 2011

My Desire

I know its a little too late but i just want to share what i want to meditate/achieve/sacrifice and do for lent. yay.

First of i want to Practice the Presence of God. I know this is some sort of like a lifetime desire and pursuit but to put it in Brother Lawrence words:

"There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful, than that of a continual conversation with God. Those only can comprehend it who practice and experience it."     ... Brother Lawrence


If you want to learn more about it you can check this site http://www.practicegodspresence.com/ . This site is what i read especially the "reflections" part every time im bored with my work.(Im online 8 hours so i get to open that site daily :p)

And the second one, i got from a buddhism site (who says we cant learn from other religions too?) try to take a look.

"Aware of the suffering caused by unmindful speech and the inability to listen to others,I am committed to cultivating loving speech and deep listening in order to bring joy and happiness to others and relieve others of their suffering. 

Knowing that words can create happiness or suffering, I am determined to speak truthfully, with words that inspire self-confidence, joy, and hope.  I will not spread news that I do not know to be certain and will not criticize or condemn things of which I am not sure.  I will refrain from uttering words that can cause division or discord, or that can cause the family or the community to break. I am determined to make all efforts to reconcile and resolve all conflicts, however small."


 I know how powerful words are. And mine is powerful (atleast that's what ive noticed). So instead of using my tongue to lash out hurtful words i will now try to undergo deep changes and try as much to control it and use it properly. I know the tongue has been compared to a rudder in a ship. It gives direction to your life. And it has been compared to fire. Yes it can burn...so deep it can even burn the soul. The tongue is one of the smallest part of the body yet the most uncontrollable of them all. I must with all my power reign it. And let my words bring healing and comfort to any soul that will get a chance to listen to me. I kow this one seems impossible to do but hey my God is the god of the impossibles! I shall now start today and live my life with the two desires i have with the help of Christ my savior .

Celebrate awesomeness that is you. and live your life beautifully!
 
Images by Freepik