Mar 9, 2012

What Is It Really Like To Truly Care?

What makes a person care about someone?

Is it blood?  Friendship?  Community?

What truly makes a person care for other people?

I have this person in my life that truly tests my patience. When I am with her, I feel bad about myself. My walls are up and I am ready to find faults. I don't want to feel this way and i am sorry if I keep feeling this way. When I am with her I LIE - I just can’t speak the truth. I have no courage at all. She dis-empowers me and I am completely helpless.

I know she's turmoil. She carries too much burden. I can feel it and it's heavy. She's too trusting. She's needy, too needy for love and attention. And I have pampered her. Now, she is becoming a sucker of my energy. And she comes weekly! (Oh my, why do you have to do that?)

I am not saying that she's a bad person. No not at all. She's sweet, childlike, and straightforward, she talks too much sometimes and she is very opinionated. She readily laughs when people throw jokes at her. She even made me feel special one time, lightened up my day and lifted up my thoughts. All this negativity I feel about her are MY REACTIONS/FEELINGS towards her. I am dishonest and coward most of the time when we talk.

She makes me hate myself.

I want to love her. I want to care for her. But I have no idea how to be courageous enough to tell her what she needs to hear. I have no idea how to tell her the truth.

I know I am not the only one who feels this way about her. Almost all of us do. In fact we are convinced that she has an attitude problem; we have no proof how to determine this things but it's very evident (but could it be that she just lacks attention?...love? ... appreciation?....acknowledgement?)  People sometimes don’t pay her any attention. But I don’t want to give up on her. Who am I to give up when God has not given up on me?

She needs me and she comes to me. I don't want to feel like exploding every time she comes to see me, because every time she does, she asks something of me; time and money (I don’t care about the money, for as long as I have something to give. lol.) I care about how I feel about her, how I treat her, how I am when she is around being needy.

I want to tell her that she needs to stop lying to herself.

SHE NEEDS TO STOP IT! And I've GOT TO TELL HER!

I want her to realize the power of being true to oneself but she dis-empowers me with that very power.

I need her. Yes, i need her so i can overcome my fears of hurting her if i say what i truly feel and think about her.  I need her so i can learn how to truly and genuinely care with no expectations of return at all. I need her so i can be sincere. Stop all the hypocrisy and start caring for people not because you need something from them but because you just truly care. And i want to care.

I want to open up my heart wide enough to feel her pain. I want to give till it hurts, but not time and money; I want to give her the truth. I want to give her my honesty.


 xxx



A note to people who personally know me: I wrote this not for you to ponder who this person might be but for you to learn from my situation or better yet suggest a solution *wink. And if you have similar stories to tell, let's talk about it, not the person involved but how to better the situation. :) Thank you. 
 
Images by Freepik