Sep 5, 2012

Paper Towns by John Green book review

Paper Towns


What can i say? I love this book. I love the adventure. I love how the words are so simple to read. I love how beautifully it was written. And surprisingly, I love how sad it was. There were parts were i suddenly just tear up. Some things written in there are just so painful. Like cracks and all. I love Quentin and his group of friends and I love how they did not left Quentin to search for Margo; the love of his life. Although the story was about a person who got depressed and run away, it was also about the beauty of a pursuing love, and the beauty of friendship and acceptance. I couldn't recommend it enough so read it. And you'll find Whitman's Leaves of Grass partly discussed in there too. If you love him that would be a bonus. lol.

Some favorite parts:


"We got on our bikes and I let her go in front of me because I was crying and didn’t want her to see." - this was on the first chapter and it just melts me.


“Maybe all the strings inside him broke,”


"I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one."


"It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world." - relate much!


“I mean, you are a hero, do you realize that? They give out medals for this stuff.” - the fun part!


“Because it’s kind of great, being an idea that everybody likes. But I could never be the idea to myself, not all the way. And Agloe is a place where a paper creation became real. A dot on the map became a real place, more real than the people who created the dot could ever have imagined. I thought maybe the paper cutout of a girl could start becoming real here also. And it seemed like a way to tell that paper girl who cared about popularity and clothes and everything else: ‘You are going to the paper towns. And you are never coming back.’”


“‘But when it came right down to it, the skin of my wrist looked so white and defenseless that I couldn’t do it. It was as if what I wanted to kill wasn’t in that skin or the thin blue pulse that jumped under my thumb, but somewhere else, deeper, more secret, and a whole lot harder to get at.’” - where Margo reads the Bell Jar




I may have highlighted a lot of things in this book but i couldn't help it. :)




 
Images by Freepik