Jan 20, 2013

Witchcraft / Barang

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21


It is unfortunate but this has been an issue with my family and relatives for a long time now. We have 2 doctors and 3 nurses in the family and I am trying to understand how people succumb to this kind of mentality.

For me it is just so wrong for people to blame other people for their sickness.

Witcraft/Barang whatever you call it may be true as it is written in the Bible but there is in no way possible that it could hurt people of faith. I think it is an insult to God's power and protection to believe it could hurt you. We have been washed and covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. How could anyone think that witchcraft could overpower that protection?

All of us are flawed. We are not perfect. But what worries me is for a person to believe that he is sick because of somebody's doing. Sickness is a dis-ease. A tension, a stress, it's not other people's fault that you are sick. You are responsible for your health.

To walk around in fear that you are under a spell can kill you faster than a speeding bullet.

Take pity on your mind. Let not any toxic idea poison it. Get hold of yourself. Wash and purify your thoughts! I beg you. Call upon God; remain steadfast in your faith. Pray. Find forgiveness, find peace that you may find healing.

I believe in confession of sins. I believe that being at peace with yourself and with your God is true health.


 
Images by Freepik