Jan 10, 2013

My little classical quest


classical education


I stumbled upon a blog who is in a quest for classical education. To improve oneself by reading classics intrigued me. So I decided to have my own little quest of reading the great books. Adriana (first name basis ;) ) pointed out that a lot of classics books reference the Holy Bible. So reading the bible is a good start for all those interested to read the classics.

So here I am, about to begin a new journey and hoping that I would be able to finish what i am about to start. I don't think you can really finish this kind of quest. But at least I aim to have a solid grasp of what the classics are all about. It has been said that you just don't read for information or entertainment but you read to live. I am now in my 20's and this decision to read the classic books will greatly improve my English and will surely impact my life. Because i hope to read to live. So for this year I will chronicle to you my journey through the classical world. I shall now commence by reading the entire King James Bible, so help me God.

Thank you so much Adriana of Classicalquest.com for inspiring me and guiding(i will ask questions!) me through this. This will be wonderful I believe.
 
Images by Freepik