Feb 23, 2011

Speed Reading

 A writer only begins a book. A reader finishes it. 
~ Samuel Johnson

---


Yay im finally done with my book Little Altars Everywhere by Rebecca Wells. It took me two months to read it! I keep putting it off. So now its officially over. yehey! How in the world did a 200+ pages book took me so long to finish it? Got to do something about it. Yes, Speed Reading! Oh no im at it again. I had an audio for that a 10 Minute CD by Paul Scheele. I downloaded it a long time ago. I have to listen to it again today. Felt the need to. So here's a rough draft from what i have learned from it. 


Double Your Reading Speed in 10 Minutes


1. Physical Posture- sit properly with your feet on the ground. Extend your spine and put a gentle smile on the corners of your lips and eyes.(i love this part, the smile thing)
2.Mental Posture- set your mind for success. Look for meaning in what you read. Or set your mind whatever you want to achieve in reading the book.
3.Visualization- its about the tangerine thing. Touching it and feeling it. Imagining the tangerine floating just above and at the back of your head. I dont know about this but it is supposed to widen your visuals. :P
4. Reading Technique- you dont have to read the book word for word. Just learn to glide your eyes over the words. Look for phrases and sentences. Look for meaning. (This one needs a lot of practicing for your eyes and brain to adjust)

My reading skills did improved after doing it. But its a kind of thing where you really have to practice it so as not to go back to your old ways. Because in my case  i had done it before but forgot to put it into practice so im back to zero. Got to remember to do it every time i read something. Or if your like me i just want to remember to sit properly every time there is something needs reading or when im with the computer or when im just plain sitting.

Things Im grateful for today Feb 23, 2011
1. Done reading Little Altars Everywhere(i learned something from it and there are so many "Aw" moments for me in it). Im so glad. Thank you Lord.
2. My heart is not feeling so happy today and i dont know why. But i am still glad i get to live life. ehehe Caught myself praying Lord make me happy today.
3. Mom cooking for us. It's dinugoan! Thank you Lord for my mom.
4. Having time to write the things im grateful for today.
5. Almost followed my schedule i made for today(i kind of slept through the other parts). But hey! Almost-its an accomplishment already. So.
6. Downloading Burlesque soundtrack now. :P Happy.
7.Watching Maria Aragon on The Ellen Degeneress Show. Such an inspiration. Oh if only i can sing like her and play the piano too. Gaga went gaga over her. But im Born This Way and I am intent on rejoicing and loving myself today and forevermore because i am born this way and beautiful in my own way too coz God makes no mistakes(i want to sing now). A born superstar! Still need to find my place though.
 
Images by Freepik